Congratulations on subscribing to The Edge’s online SAT course. Below are useful tips to make sure you get the most out of your experience.
- The E-book: Attached is the e-book, The Edge for SAT Success, which you can use alongside the course. It includes text of all of the instructional videos and questions. Feel free to print this out to take notes on throughout the duration of the course. You should DEFINITELY read the Introduction and Chapters 1 and 2 before getting started on the course as they discuss general study skills as well as ideal timetables for achieving your score improvement goals.
- The Course: Each topic of the course is divided into four main parts: Overview, Technique, Drill, Homework. You should start each section by watching the Overview video to get a general idea of those types of questions and then should watch the Technique video. You should then proceed to the drill associated with that particular technique. Each question in the drill has its own video explanation so you only need to watch the videos for questions you missed. Next, you should follow-up with the Homework section a couple of days after completing the drill. Each homework question also has its own video explanation.
- Drills/Homework: On drills and homeworks, remember to click “Save” after selecting an answer BEFORE moving on to the next question. If you don’t click the Save button, your answer will NOT be stored.
- Assistance: If you need assistance with anything, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for technical issues or email@example.com with non-technical issues. For general questions about test prep or admissions counseling, please visit our online forum to get all of your questions answered.
- Practice Tests: This course does NOT come with practice tests because we believe that the only tests a student should use are real tests distributed by the writers of the test, which in this case would be The College Board. For optimal results, you should supplement this course with practice tests from either The College Board’s Official SAT Study Guide, which has 10 tests. The book does not include answer explanations (only an answer key), so we have filmed video explanations for all 10 tests. We’ll be releasing these in mid-2012.
- Online Tutoring: If you ever feel like you want to supplement your course with personalized tutoring sessions, you can either purchase individual sessions or an online tutoring package.
- Essay Grading: If you would like to get your SAT essays graded by an expert grader, you can sign up for an essay grading package for either 5, 10, or 15 essays.
- Admissions Counseling: Monthly admissions counseling chats will be offered on the first Wednesday of every month at 5 PM EST. The sessions will be recorded, but you can participate live and instant message us with any questions you might have. To join these free sessions, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your credit card statement will show a charge from CLKBANK*COM. Enjoy the course!